Cambridge Shiatsu

Karen Merritt 17 Blinco Grove Cambridge CB1 7TP Telephone: 01223 528002 Mobile: 07799 593436 Email:karenmerritt73@hotmail.com

Monday, July 24, 2006

Comments from a client with Multiple Sclerosis

Hi. My name is John and I suffer with Multiple Sclerosis.

I first met Karen at my MS Centre when the Centre Manager asked if I would be interested in having Shiatsu (I didn't know what it was but anything was worth a try), as a student would be coming up once a week. I had been thinking of starting a therapy of some sort, as the Centre has a wide range to offer, so I said why not.

Karen came to the Centre a couple of weeks later for an informal chat and straight away I relaxed in her company. I quickly found that she was a very genuine woman. She also admitted that she was not up to speed with MS but by talking to her I could tell that she really wanted to make a difference to the quality of my life.

I had my first session the following week. We sat down and Karen asked me questions about my health, exercises and what medication I was on at that moment.

Karen comes to the Centre every week and I look forward to my sessions. Before I started having Shiatsu I thought my body was falling apart but through talking to a genuine person, who wants to alleviate some of the problems that you are suffering with, Karen worked her magic on me and over the weeks some of my problems were greatly reduced with the help of Shiatsu.

With my condition, to use the toilet is getting harder due to the nerves in my body not controlling my large intestine. With the help of Shiatsu, Karen has helped me to reduce that problem.

Also I had problems with my blood circulation, and Karen helped with this as well. The blood was not going to the lower part of my leg and making it very cold. With some Shiatsu, Karen reduced the problem. It is not back to normal but it is so much better than it was.

My hip joint was hurting to a point of very severe pain, due to the muscle wastage caused by MS and it affected my walking. Again, Karen helped with this as well.

Every week Karen comes to the Centre. There is always a smile from her and she makes the time to ask how you are and how your week has been before asking what ailments you would like worked on.

When Karen first came to the Centre I was her only patient. Now, because people to the Centre can see and hear how good Karen is with Shiatsu, she is in demand all day.

John Morris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home