Cambridge Shiatsu

Karen Merritt 17 Blinco Grove Cambridge CB1 7TP Telephone: 01223 528002 Mobile: 07799 593436 Email:karenmerritt73@hotmail.com

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

SHIATSU AND ALZHEIMERS

I thought this article, taken from the recent Shiatsu Society Newsletter, would be of interest to carers and suffers of Alzheimers and has certainly made me think about approaching my local branch of the Alzheimer's Society and Alzheimer's Research group to see if I can offer my services:

'I have been treating someone with Alzheimers since July last year. His doctors cannot understand why he is improving as this condition never improves. He has regular Shiatsu and I also recommended pure Norwegian Salmon Oil. When I first met him, he could not speak to me, his wife answered all questions for him. He could not move his limbs, especially lower limbs, which descended in painfully slow, jerky movements. He was depressed, withdrawn, and his eyes looked 'dead'. Ten months on and he now speaks to me direct. He speaks to total strangers, has started laughing and cracking jokes, his eyes look alive and a week ago he and his wife went on their first holiday in 5 years. She would like me to pass this information on to the Shiatsu Societ and to ask if anyone else has had a similar story with an Alzheimer suffer.'
Yvette Sinclair-France, sinclairfrance@tiscali.co.uk

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Geoff said...

Interesting post. Look forward to hearing how you get on with the Cambridge group.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home